My Blog List

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Nostalgia



Sweater, thrift store in L.A.
I still own that beaded purse that I got from a boutique in San Francisco. Long leopard print skirt and shirt, thrift stores in L.A. I had just dyed my hair pitch black here.
Corduroy jacket, Banana Republic.


Checkered tights, Hot Topic. I still own those non leather gothic boots :>


Corduroy with faux fur jacket, picked up at a surf shop. Sandals, thrift store.


Wow ha ha I can't remember where I got that top but the skirt was from a little rocker store and of course in this pic I am in front of a coffee place!


Tee from Salvation Army.


In my room in front of one of my paintings.






This was one of my all time favorite items in high school. I bleached my hair platinum and then dyed it yellow and orange so I wanted a dress to go with my hair. Found slip dress in Tahoe vintage store.


Black flower in my hair, fabric store. Black jacket, Salvation Army. 


When I was younger I would have days where I just needed to put on raver pants. For some reason I loooved raver pants. I was not a raver by any means I was a skate boarder and I still skateboard but I would go out dancing with friends. I dyed my hair with a red dye from a drug store here. 


This little star shirt is one of my favorite old items I owned. I love this shirt so much! It was more of a tunic but I wore it as a dress. I found this at Buffalo Exchange.


I found most of this outfit at Ross actually. I loved those pants.




Shiny non leather pants from a store in SF. Tee from thrift store in L.A.


I have been wanting to do a post about my fashion transition starting from teens until now :> Ever since I was young I was a little budding fashionista. I still have and wear some of my favorite clothes that I picked up at main stream stores and vintage shops in high school. Some of the outfits were experiments but I'm not embarrassed to show them because we live and we learn. Other outfits were super cool and I have days where I say to myself "Darn where did that old shirt go?" I am happy to still hold on to some of my favorite vintage tees that I wear now and then when I am feeling nostalgic. One of the things that has remained consistent for me into adulthood has been my love for thrift and vintage. I shop at main stream stores and more popular stores too but I love mixing a new popular item with an old vintage wrangler blouse or old school ripped jeans. I find fashion inspiration everywhere. I hope I inspire others to put together a fun fashion nostalgia album of their own! Enjoy :D

No comments:

Post a Comment