My Blog List

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Grant Lee Phillips show

My friend was my date for the night. We grabbed dinner at Los Charros, then coffees and later caught the Grant Lee Phillips show with other pals at a local cafe. I have always really dug his music. He use to be in Grant Lee Buffalo for those of you who might remember them. His voice always reminded me of a mixture between Neil Young and Elvis. It was rad because my friend Mark was helping to work the door and stamping people. He watched the the performance with us upstairs. Grant sang a lot of songs off of his new album, "Walking in the Green Corn" The songs are very deep as he explores his mixed heritage among other things. I think a lot of people can relate to his music. He performed a song called "Fool's Gold" which we really liked. After the show he stayed a while to autograph fan's tshirts, vinyl, cds and take a few pics. He is very gracious and warm. I shook his hand and took a pic with him. He was so incredibly sweet. He played a really wonderful set and told jokes. It was a really cool show. If you like soothing, chill melodies and deep lyrics, check out his new album. It has a very cool folky, rock and soulful vibe to it.


Grant Lee Phillips playing at Red Rock Coffee. 




Hanging out with friends.

Me and Grant Lee Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment