My Blog List

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Don't ever let anyone dictate your style

I had a friend recently who was criticized for changing up her style of dress. I was criticized once for this told I was not consistent and it bothered someone. My style and my lifestyle is primarily gothic but if I want to rock some grunge duds or prep it up for a friend's upscale party so be it. Don't ever let anyone dictate your style or tell you that you are doing it wrong, you are messed up or confused about who you are. Anyone who does can take a hike. In life people are going to gossip, they are going to love you and some for no reason are also going to hate you. Wear what you like and don't feel you must apologize for what you do or explain your fashion or style/lifestyle to anyone. I wear black pretty much every day but I do enjoy playing dress up and looking like a hippie from the 60's or a wanderer from the 70's. It is why I adore vintage and that is why I have this other blog to pay respect to more than just my style. I also do street style posts because I find other's styles beautiful and inspiring! Just because I'm a "goth" chick doesn't mean I can't rock other types of dress once in a while. I know who I am and I stand firmly in my beliefs and lifestyle.  I hope this helps some of you that might have been criticized before about how they wear clothing. In the end YOU are the master of your own ship and you dictate what you want to present to the world. If you wake up feeling like a water elf than so be it dress like one or if you want to dress like a gothic pirate do it like no one is watching! If someone can't understand your or you are far too complex for them maybe they should waste their time on something more trite minded and easier to put into a box. Don't waste your breath or time with petty insults. Don't let anyone dictate your style.


Cheers!

xoxo Winter




No comments:

Post a Comment