My Blog List

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Spotlight on photographer Scott Brown













Scott Brown's work is filled with astounding visuals that fill me with nostalgia and a longing for the past. My personal favorite pieces at the moment are his carnival ride photos. They remind me of days I've spent with friends running around old carnival grounds, cotton candy sugar highs, making out on the top of a ferris wheel and getting our fortunes read at the arcades. His carnival pieces are filled with bright lomogrophy type visuals while others have a sort of melancholy feeling to them. It is a  sense that I remember and I'd like to go back to. The feeling of wondering alone with nothing else cluttering my spirit while I have my thoughts to myself. I have been to many of the places in his photographs but when I look at his pictures I see something that I could not see before. His photos happen to catch the still silence and moments of clarity when nobody is around, a sort of meditation when we have time to think. He captures these things in time, a moment that you won't quite get again. There is something more beautiful and magnificent then anything to me in the visuals of an open road, an abandoned building, a desert, a barren lot. Though those places seem empty, there is something braver and louder that speaks to me than a photograph filled with hordes of people. He is the type of photographer that can not only capture elegance but also the soul and feeling in that which he is photographing whether it be a carnival ride, an old manor or a single rose. From historic buildings to the haunting beauty of Humboldt you will be left wanting more.


 Go here to check out more of Scott's work:
Scott Brown Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment